Boston Hernia was founded to take care of patients with inguinal and umbilical hernias. We see over 1000 patients each year with suspected hernia conditions. By creating a specialized clinic, we have moved on from the traditional general surgery model allowing us to focus on one surgical problem and become experts in it. We used to do all of general surgery, including breast surgery, colon surgery, appendix removal and gallbladder surgery, but we found that the more we focused on hernia surgery, the better our patients fared. Over the last 15 years, we have been caring for hernia patients, listening to their needs and goals, and adapting our practice to best serve our patients. It seems obvious now that a specialized practice provides better and more individualized patient care, which is our ultimate goal with this unique practice.
We are focused on providing superior outcomes that are important to our patients, including:
- Quick return to work after hernia surgery
- Fast return to sports or the gym
- Minimal pain after surgery
- Minimal to no opioid use after surgery
- Ample time with medical providers
- Thorough explanations of surgery options
- Shared decision-making between patient and provider
- Avoiding surgery when possible
- Convenience of care in multiple locations around New England
- Transparency related to costs of care
To provide superior clinical outcomes with exceptional patient and employee experience in ambulatory hernia and pilonidal care.
To build a reproducible, high volume, focused care-delivery model for ambulatory hernia and pilonidal disease that is based on value to patients, providers, employers and payers.